Frequently Asked Questions About Donating Online
1. What is PayPal, and how is Faith Lutheran using it to enable online donations?
PayPal allows us to collect donations from a button on our website or an email link. It is a low-cost way for us to make it convenient for you to keep your giving up-to-date.
2. Why did you choose PayPal?
It is the most widely-used donation provider and we have confidence in its reliability. Also, it is inexpensive. In fact, we do not pay anything unless someone donates, and then PayPal retains a small percentage of the donation as a transaction fee.
3. Do I have to have a PayPal account?
No. Look for the button that allows you to choose to use a major credit card (American Express, VISA, etc.) You can use one of them without ever signing up for PayPal.
4. Do I have to be a member of the church to donate?
No. We are grateful for support from all who feel moved to do so. PayPal does ask for your contact information, and we do not currently accept anonymous donations.
5. How do I make sure my donation is credited to the correct campaign, such as updating my pledge?
Just note that it is a pledge payment (or whatever payment you wish) in the Feedback/Comments section.
Then the people rejoiced because they had offered so willingly, for they made their offering to the LORD with a whole heart. 1 Chronicles 29:9 NASB